Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of roman empire
753 BC-509 BC
creation of empire
fall of empire
Romans lived in seven villages on seven hills
which were conquered by the ETRUSCANS
The Etruscans united these villages and formed the city ROME
There was a king chosen by the PATRICIANS.
SENATORS in the SENATE helped the king rule.
753 BC to 476 AD
509 BC Romans dethroned
the Etruscan king
TARQUIN the PROUD.
This was the beginning of the republic
Evolution of Republic
264BC - 146BC
The Punic Wars
were between Carthaginians and Romans
They fought over land in the south of Italy.
Rome won and extended the Republic all around the Mediterranean.
Corruption and internal conflicts made the Republic weak. A new form of government was formed TRIUMVIRATES
Fall of the Republic
New form of government
509 BC - 27 BC
Patricians - minority
Rich, powerful families
Fought for and won political rights
Prisoners of war, children of slaves