Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Archeology Launch
The study of man's past by scientific analysis of the material remains of his cultures.
With your group do the following:
1. come up with a list of things that archaeologists might look for.
2. Explain why Archeology is important to us as a modern society. Coming Back Together:
We will now discuss as a group what each of the artifacts might be.
In you interactive notebook please write down some ideas for the following questions:
How is an understanding of ancient history created?
Where does history come from? With your group, come up with a "best response" that you can share with the class. We will share out in a few minutes. Archaeological Dig Project Launch
We are now going to go to the fab lab.
Each table has a number and a picture on it.
Start with the number of your table group and proceed in order. After 8 you will go to one. You will have 3 minutes at each artifact.
For each picture I would like you to try to determine two things:
1. What do you think the object is?
2. What does it tell you about the culture that it came from? Learning Target:
I will be able to explain how archeology helps historians understand ancient civilizations. Toothbrush handles from Japan Mayan Ax- wooden handle 800 AD Dedication Nail, Sumerian Decorated Cane Head from Asia Inca terraced farmland Ancient scythe used for farming cereal crops Ancient Egyptian terracotta oil lamp Greek- second-century BCE device that tracked the cycles of the solar system So What?
In your table groups I would like you to discuss the following:
1. What connections to our last unit can we make?
2. What can artifacts tell us about the culture that they came from? I would like you to "answer" the learning target in your INB:
I will be able to explain how archeology helps historians understand ancient civilizations. REMEMBER TO TURN IN YOUR REFLECTIVE ESSAY IN THE BLACK BOX ON YOUR WAY OUT THE DOOR.
1. Rough Draft w/ self-eval notes
2. Final Draft