Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
SBU Campus Recreation Marketing Strategy
Transcript of SBU Campus Recreation Marketing Strategy
First 60 Days of Being Hired
To enhance the quality of life for students, faculty, and staff with the opportunity to participate in progressive programs, services and facilities, including intramural sports, fitness and wellness programs, club sports, informal open recreation, and special events. We provide infused outcome based opportunities for student development in all aspects of wellness, leadership, professionalism and academic success.
• To provide programs and services that will enhance knowledge, interests and behaviors in order to promote healthy lifestyles, success, positive human relations, and leadership.
• Through participation in formal or informal recreation, individuals will learn to enhance positive lifestyle behaviors while at SBU and in the future.
• To provide holistic employment opportunities for students to succeed and excel in future endeavors.
• To foster healthy, civic-minded social development through participation, inclusiveness and cooperation.
• To enhance affinity for diversity, respect and pride in our SBU community through our formal and informal opportunities.
Service Offering Examples
Familiarize, Review & Build
Social Media Reach and Engagement
1) Promotional Items (Giveaways)
2) Collaboration with Student Affairs
Campus Dining Dietician
Commuter Student Association
3) Collaboration with Training Education Program
Turkey Trot 5K Run/Walk
Debbie Whittemore 5K Run/Walk
4) Collaboration with Campus Police
Rape Aggression Defense (R.A.D)
5) Collaboration with Center for Prevention and Outreach (CPO) and Program of Public Health
Relationship Violence on campus
6) Collaboration with Campus Residences
Be the success you wish to attain!
Instantly linked by the tips of your fingers!
• Enhance the quality of life by connecting at any given moment, place or time
• Engage and share experiences on a unifying platform
• Inspire to foster development in all aspects of wellness and the transformation lives
1. Build the Stony Brook Campus Recreation brand - Get people to recognize our logo/name and associate it with our products and services.
2. Attract new customers - Drive traffic to our social media platforms, which will increase participation.
3. Engage with customers - Develop a relationship with our students, faculty, staff and friends at Stony Brook University.
4. Build awareness - Make patrons aware of our product offering.
1. Create a promotion schedule of all calendar events planned by the department
2. Use social media platforms to create a presence by posting weekly updates, event updates, and being consistent with each platform
3. Create engaging content that will develop our relationship with our customers
4. Create monthly goals to drive the number of followers and friends on all platforms
5. Evaluate monthly progress, consistency, and effectiveness
What were our goals?
Did we accomplish them?
How will our accomplishments be measured?
What revisions and imporovements need to be made?
All communication that is produced from Stony Brook Campus Recreation follows a consistent format. Each program and/or notification will consist of specific guidelines in the following areas:
• Printing, Posting, and Distribution
-Rec Center Bulletin Boards,
-SAC Display Cases
-Union Bulletin Board,
• Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
All undergraduate students pay the "Campus Recreation Facilities" fee which provides access to the Campus Recreation Center.
Graduate students are eligible to purchase a membership on an annual or monthly basis.
*Bills over $20 are NOT accepted
Faculty/staff are eligible to purchase a yearly membership. All memberships will run year to date based on when the membership was purchased.
Faculty/staff/student spouse & alumni: to purchase a membership for a spouse or partner.
Summer Session: $50
Winter Session: $30
• Familiarize myself with all University and departmental policies, protocols, and tools
• Familiarize myself with the website and all social medias
• Review and sign Campus Recreation policies and procedure manual
• Review Campus Recreation marketing brand strategy
• Meet with Campus Recreation marketing team, graduate assistant, and supervisor once a week
• Be available to table at least five tabling events throughout the year
• Understand the mission, vision, and goals of Campus Recreation and marketing area
• Build relationships with colleagues and foster a team atmosphere
Social Media Reach and Engagement
On and Off Campus Tournaments
Social Media Tracker
2,287 Likes Total
1.4 Photos per Week
14.5 Likes per Photo
79.6 Fame Value
Social Media: Last 3 months (Dec-Mid Feb)
75 Post Likes
1 Post Comment
4 post shares
87 Page Likes
25 Page Unlikes
Current Twitter Stats
56.8 Retweet Reach
4,984 Mention Reach
960 Followers as of Feb 18
392 Following as of Feb 18
Current Facebook Stats
• Blood Pressure Screening and Body Fat Testing
•Professional Development Opportunities
• AFAA Primary Group Fitness Certification
• Personal Training Certification Test
• Fitness Classes
• Special Events
• 5v5 Basketball League
• Badminton Tournament
• Outdoor Soccer League
Inclusivity Goals and Efforts