Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of 10-25-13
Falling out of a plane
- Carol of Joy
1) Men are improving singing on the pitch but may still do more to connect with the text. To fix: please sing with more awareness of singers around you and more attention on the words.
2) Some altos are singing still with young vowels and vocal technique : ), to fix: sing with more space inside your mouth and with rounded lips.
3) Sopranos: You sounded more blended with the choir yesterday by singing louder, please continue to sing strongly.
- In The Bleak Midwinter
1) Review first two pages with mature vowels and sensitivity to musical phrasing.
Friday, October 25th 2013
Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation.
- Michael Jordan
Reminder: Holiday Wreaths, everyone wants one!
- Sussex Carol
1) Men are improving singing on pitch, to further fix: sing with more energy. Some women are singing with very young vowels and vocal technique, to fix: sing with more space inside your mouth and with rounded lips.
2) Learn our notes first page-beginning of the round
1) Listen to Professional Recording
2) Apply his mature sound to your singing
- Christmas in three minutes
1) Review what we've learned
2) Solidify our notes on pages 2-4
Sight Singing 15 minutes to pass off
15 minutes for Sight Singing
The 12 Days after Christmas
1) Solidify notes on pages 2-4
2) Learn one more page
3) Sing Beg to that point
- The Christmas Song
1) Altos are improving transitioning into their head voices instead of trying to bring their chest voice up too high. To continue fixing: be aware of when your throat begins to tighten and loose the weight of your chest voice by bringing the resonance into the front of your face, lighten the higher you go.
2) Sopranos: Some of you are still singing with young vowels and limited space. To fix, sing with more space inside your mouth, round your lips, and exert more energy!
3) Review notes notes learned yesterday
- Carol of the Bells
1) Review each of the three voice parts
2) reinforce the 1st and 2nd endings on the back page
All I Want For Christmas Is You
A) Learn the choir parts for the first few pages
B) I encourage you to be accurate with your pitches
and rhythm by reading your music.
15 minutes for Sight Singing
- The Ghost of John
1) Men are improving singing on pitch. We're currently at a 5-6th grade level, I'd like to see us improve even further men. To fix, use more breath energy! Listen to those around you and "match" pitch with them=singing the same note.
2) Altos are improving transitioning into their head voices instead of trying to bring their chest voice up too high. To continue fixing: be aware of when your throat begins to tighten and loose the weight of your chest voice by bringing the resonance into the front of your face, lighten the higher you go.
3) Sopranos: Some of you are still singing with young vowels and limited space. To fix, sing with more space inside your mouth, round your lips, and exert more energy!
Christmas in Three Minutes!
A) Review the harmony we worked so hard to learn yesterday.
B) Sing with warm up choir vowels, sing with sufficient breath energy to not be breathy, and men: sing "on pitch" - the exact same note as the entire men section.
10 minutes for Music Theory 3.1 : Ledger Lines!
- Coventry Carol
1. Review Alto Part
2. Review Soprano Part
3. Learn Men's Part
with a positive attitude
Take notes in your
music of how to emulate his vowels/singing.
Listen-think, how can you change your singing
so our choir sounds as mature as this one?
Enjoy listening to this version: what can we learn individually of how to sing with a more mature tone?