Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
PEST analysis about Portugal
Transcript of PEST analysis about Portugal
Teacher: Joanna Kubicka
Students: Carlos Rogão
Phenomena of opinion / fashion :
• Movements of consumer protection .
• Lobbies , fashion phenomena .
• Convictions of a religious , political or otherwise.
(some religious habits, condition a bit the way how Portugal acts in international market)
• Influence of the media and opinion leaders .
(for exemple one of the biggest brand/company, Pingo Doce)
Demographic factors :
• Rate of population growth .
(-0.3% Annual change (2012)
• Distribution of the population by region and gender .
(People prefer to go to the coast rather than the interior of the country)
• Age structure of the population .
(In Portugal exists to much old people)
• Birth rate and mortality .
10,86/1.000 habitantes -> mortality
1.35 births per woman (2011) - Birth
• Migration flows .
(By day 408 Portuguese leave Portugal)
Cultural factors :
• Distribution of the population by education level .
(in Portugal who do not have a degree in some cases is seen as inferior)
• Exposure to the media .
(more and more young people want to take in the sights, then compete to programs like Secret Story)
Consumption habits :
• Willingness to change.
• Motivations generic purchases .
• Attitudes generic forward consumer .
• Degree of membership of the consumer to the product .
Buying habits :
• Local purchasing .
• Quantities of purchase.
• Frequency of purchase.
(In Portugal there are to many excellent national products, better than those of foreign countries, but the Portugueses insists prefer products from outside, basically the mindset is still retrograde)
is a technology developed by Microsoft for efficiently transmitting and viewing images.
It allows users to pan around and zoom in a large, high resolution image or a large collection of images
is a software application from Microsoft Live Labs and the University of Washington.
Analyzes digital photographsand generates a three-dimensional model of the photos and a point cloud of a photographed object
is a motion sensing input device by Microsoft for the Xbox 360 video game console and Windows PCs.
GDP - million 210 600 - 2012
GDP by sector agriculture 2.6%
Trade and services 74.8%
Inflation rate 1.7%
- The normal value is 2% to 4.5%. in other words Portugal has price instability
Current situation of economic crisis: unfavorable
- Decline in public confidence in the markets
- Inequality of distribution of income and wealth in the country
-Electricity and gas from 6% to 23%
-Restaurant 13% to 23%
-Food 6% to 23%
-Other services (telecommunications, clothing, transportation, health services, etc.) all rose to 23%
Purchasing power by consumers: reduced
-As VAT has increased, people started saving. Buy strictly necessary to survive
Unemployment rate: increased
-By consecutive increase taxes companies do not have financial support to continue. Choose to close the company or dismiss their employees.
-Unstable due to the economical crises
-The trust of internacional markets declined
-We are now controled by the European Union–International Monetary Fund bailout plan
-Deep economic recession
-Judicial system its not efficient
Laws that regulate or tax your business
-Easy to start a business
-Government implements taxes like IVA, IRC and IRS
-Company should pay 25% of the incomes plus 2.5% of local tax.
-The government doesn't permit campaigns which try to make fun of religion (cristianity)
-Which has a sexual content
-Sports its not allowed to alcoholic beverages to sponsor teams to
- Rules are implemented by Troika because of the implementation of FMI.
View on culture and religion
-Don't make restrictions to foreigners
- Member of EU which means that is a member of the WTO
-Trade agreements with Brazil, China and Africa
Social factors :
• Breakdown of households by social class and wealth by regions .
• Composition of families .
( they only want in average 1 children)
• Evolution of marriages and divorces .
(on average, each year there are 25,255 divorces
on average, each year there are 36,035 weddings)
• Life cycle of families .