Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Gun Rights
When we got organized as a country, [and] wrote a fairly radical Constitution, with a radical Bill of Rights, giving radical amounts of freedom to Americans, it was assumed that Americans who had that freedom would use it responsibly .... When personal freedom is being abused, you have to move to limit it."
- Bill Clinton
What is Gun Right?
Cause of the problems
- Many young souls die due to having a gun
- 20 children and 6 adults died
- Shooter was diagnose with Asperger
Monday, May 14 , 2014
Gun Rights are...?
What is Gun Rights ?
Facts That Show The Good Side
The Good Side of Guns...
-Gun rights is the right to own guns.
-Involves safety issues.
-Past events that occur that were both bad/good.
-Many countries have strict gun laws
-While others have great success and hardly any crimes from guns.
-Guns are used 2.5 million times a year in self-defense.
-Law-abiding citizens use guns to defend themselves against criminals as many as 2.5 million times every year
-Not only helping male but females too because... As many as 200,000 women use a gun every year to defend themselves against sexual abuse!
-Citizens shoot and kill at least twice as many criminals as police do every year.
" A well regulated militia, begin necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed"
How far did each problem go?(US)
How far did each problem go?
Problems in the US
-shooting in the theater(batman shooting)
-school shootings(columbine & sandy hook)
They all have an abundance of guns and create a good amount of violence with them.
Why are gun rights good...?
Gun Rights Good ?
Why are gun right bad....?
Gun Right Bad?
Solutions pro guns:
1) People should be allowed to own guns but should not be allowed to carry them in certain places
ex: bars, schools, restaurants, churches and airports...etc.
1) guns are unnecessary. in 98% percent of civilian gun defenses, no shot is fired.
2)Most massacres utilize legal weapons
Bianca: Enforce gun laws and make new laws.
Jose: Have people take certain test to make sure nothing is wrong in their head.
Eduardo: Only allow certain people to own a gun.
Sam: Educate people on the topic...
1) test's and law = a safer selection process
2) Educating people on the topic =better decision making
3) enforcing gun laws and adding new laws ties into all
Why would these solutions be effective
According to studies by Harvard, there is a strong correlation that the state with more guns, have less crime rates.
The second amendment also says that we have the right to have a bear arm!
- It doesn't matter if people were ill or not
- there are a lot of shooting happening every year
-FBI."off-duty officer and firearms" last modified September 11 2001
-FBI. "Testimony by David Culbertson"last modified November 15 2011
-FBI."FBI gun collection" last modified April 2013
-Legal information institute Wex legal dictionary. Second amendment last modified 5/8/14
-handgun law."California" last modified 2/14/14 handgunlaw.us
- It's mostly people who are sick in the head.
-People are abusing guns
-12 student and 1 Teacher
-it allows everyone to own a gun
- Background check
- Reports of shooting
-Acts of violence