Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Answer is No
Transcript of The Answer is No
One of the first contemporary writers of Arabic fiction.
Most of his stories are set in his homeland.
Published 34 novels, hundreds of short stories, dozens of movie scripts, and 5 plays over his long career.
Awarded the Noble Prize of Literature in 1988.
died 2006 in Egypt, age 94 The author never specifies a time or place setting, but we can make an educated guess. What themes do you see?
What message does Mahfouz send?
Why is his message important? Naguib Mahfouz The Teacher
Mother What do we really know about these characters? Where do you think it is set? Why? Plot What happens in this story? What happened before the story started? Themes, meaning, message are all important to your interpretation of the short story.
Fiction is a purposeful art.
It's up to us to discover that purpose. This particular story is told in a series of flashbacks and flashforwards.
Revealing the plot in this fashion lends an air of believability and realism to the story.