Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Misconception: Humans evolved from monkeys
Transcript of Misconception: Humans evolved from monkeys
*Humans are 98% closely related to Chimpanzees.Although we do not share a brain lobe with them.
*Some stretches of DNA imply that chimps and humans were closest. * Chimps, Orangatans, and Gorillas have 24 pairs of chromosomes. Humans have 23 pairs.
* Two Ape chromosomes are fused together in us. Chromosome Similarities/ Differences: *Chromosome 2- is the second biggest chromosome, formed by fusion of 2 medium sized ape chromosomes is within humans.
*Apart from the fusion of Chromosome 2, there is few and little visible differences between the two species. Chromosome 2: *Ten million years ago, the ape was discovered and was assumed to be our ancestor.
*In 1950 according to genes, it was uncertain whether or not we evolved from apes. History: Evolution works in years not generations.
To this day we have not discovered a fossil that could prove that we evolved from apes.
There is not enough evidence to confirm the fact that humans evolved from apes. Sources/MLA documentation: Ridley, Matt. "Chromosome 2." Genome: The Autobiography of a Species in 23 Chapters. New York: HarperCollins, 1999. N. pag. Print. Misconception: *Its a misconception because there are not enough facts about humans evolving from apes.
* The theory states that it is assumed (not factual) that we evolved from apes.