Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Year 9 Options
Transcript of Year 9 Options
Qualifications Do Count!
- Key to open the door for many courses and jobs
- Used as evidence of your ability at later stages
- Will always be a part of your CV (Curriculum Vitae)
- Chances of being unemployed decrease
- Responsibility increases as qualifications increase
What employers are looking for
Work with others
School report e.g. attendance
Involvement in extra curricular activities
Work Experience - Trident, Part-time
Voluntary/ Community activity
It is not too early to start planning your career!
Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
What can you do to make sure you achieve your goals?
How can you make yourself more employable?
Full time education – Island based:
- Vocational qualifications – Highlands College
- A levels – Sixth Form providers
- International Baccalaureate - Hautlieu
UK Colleges e.g. Dance / Music / Sport
Advance to Work – Youth Training
- with training e.g. apprenticeships
- without training
Do not bury your head in the sand!
Where are we?
Your path starts here
Health & Social Care
Art & Design
Travel & Tourism
A Levels & IB
You are good at the subject
You think you will enjoy the course
It fits your career ideas and plans
It goes well with your other choices
It helps to give you plenty of choice post 16
You think you might want to continue studying it post 16
Your research shows that it will interest you and motivate you to learn.
Your friends have chosen it
You think it will be easy
You did not have time to research your options properly
You think it's a good option for a boy/girl
Someone else thinks it is a good idea
You like the teacher you have now
Good reasons for choosing an Option
Bad reasons for choosing an Option
Digital Forensic Analyst
Home Health Care Nurse
Supermarket Checkout Operator
Travel Information Adviser
Often ends up worse for you!
The best possible outcome
Pretend its not happening
Don't want to know
Can be worse than no decision
Influenced by others
Right for you
Because of someone else
YOU have control