Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Emotional Disturbance
*Classroom centered intervention
*Good behavior game
* Service learning (intergrating insturctional activties wth community service)
* Giving students a sense of responsibility and indepedence
*Technology/ Online classes/Music BOOKS http://www.aacap.org/cs/root/facts_for_families/conduct_disorder
http://www.naset.org/emotionaldisturbance2.0.html What is Emotional
no exact cause
*Schools identify 14 to 22 percent of students as having an emotional or behavior disorder disorder, but only 9 percent have an IEP
*One half to three fourths of students and educators have not been adequately prepared to provide a quality education to students with ED.
*MORE THAN 50 PERCENT OF STUDENTS WITH ED DROP OUT ED DOES NOT APPLY TO CHILDREN WHO ARE socially MALADJUSTED UNLESS IT IS DETERMINED THAT THEY HAVE AN emotional disturbance. Schools can not clinically diagnosis children! ED is an umbrella term. Classroom Strategies National: Council for Children with Behavior Disorders
State: The Children's Partnership http://www.childrenspartnership.com/
Regional: Residential Treatment Facilities / Residential Treatment Facility, Emotionally Disturbed Children http://npidb.org/organizations/residential_treatment/residential_treatment_facility_emotionally_disturbed_children_322d00000x/tx/
Local: Mental Health Association of Houston and Harris Counties
http://www.mhmraharris.org/ A condition exhibiting one or more of the following characteristics for a long period of time and affects education performance:
* An inability to learn that cannot be explained by intellectual, sensory, or health factors.
*Cannot maintain satisfactory relationships with peers and teachers
*Inappropriate types of behaviors or feelings under normal circumstances
*A general pervasive mood of unhappiness or depression
* Can develop symptoms or fears associated with personal or school problems Understanding and Teaching Emotionally Distrubted Children and Adolescents. 3rd ed.
By: Phyllis L. Newcomer Mainstreaming Emotionally Disturbed Children
By: A.J. Pappanikou and James L. Paul Love is Not Enough: The Treatment of Emotionally Distrubed Chiildren
By: Bruno Bettelheim HELPFUL WEBSITES FOR ED