Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Subject Agreement Prezi Part 6
Transcript of Subject Agreement Prezi Part 6
&Fractions Subject Verb Agreement Rule #14: Titles of books, movies, novels, etc. are treated as singular and take a singular verb. A Tale of Two Cities (is, are) a classic novel. Example Rule #15: A noun expressing an amount or measurement is usually singular and must usually have a singular verb. Two weeks (is, are) never enough vacation. Example Practice 1. Great Expectations (is, are) one of my favorite novels.
2. One fifth of our income (goes, go) to taxes.
3. Fifty cents (is, are) more than enough.
4. Around 50% of the houses (needs, need) major repair.
5. Fifty percent of the job (is, are) routine. Now it's your turn to try Rule #16: Example Ten percent of the forest (is, are) destroyed each year. Example Three cups of sugar (is, are) not a lot for that recipe. A Tale of Two Cities (is, are) a classic novel. Example Two weeks (is, are) never enough vacation. Example Example Three cups of sugar (is, are) not a lot for that recipe. With fractions and percentages the verb agrees with the preceding noun or clause. Example Ten percent of the forest (is, are) destroyed each year. Example One-third of the students (has, have) graduate degrees. Example One-third of the students (has, have) graduate degrees.