Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
06.01 Project Milestone One - Global Warming
Transcript of 06.01 Project Milestone One - Global Warming
First and foremost, the United States and other industrial nations must use less of the fossil fuels, especially coal, oil, and gasoline; these produce carbon dioxide, the most significant heat-trapping gas.
Industrial countries are responsible for the largest share of worldwide emissions of heat-trapping gases.
But these nations also have a great ability to switch to cutting-edge energy technologies that produce fewer of these emissions.
Second, the nations of the world must negotiate a climate change treaty with legally binding limits on emissions of heat-trapping gases. Individuals and Households
(productive resources) Individual choices can have an impact on global climate change. Reducing your family's heat-trapping emissions does not mean forgoing modern conveniences; it means making smart choices and using energy-efficient products. :) Business Firms Global warming is probably one of the greatest threats to long term human survival. Our future will depend on how we respond today. Business will provide almost all the discoveries, innovations, technologies, products and services we need.
The fastest way to save the world is for every business to take action now. It’s the “right” thing to do and makes great business sense. :) REST of the WORLD Everyday we Americans wake up to technology and communication all around us. What wakes us up is an alarm clock, what tells our boss that we will be late for work are our cell phones and we get to work by our cars. We have it easy. Where on the other had places where these products are manufactured such as China and other developing countries have a much more complicated and different lifestyle. The factories produces hundreds of carbon dioxide emissions into the atmosphere everyday. If we continue to release this horrific amount of emissions into the air, it will greatly effect our air, our agriculture, and our health. And that is only the beginning. We the people are separated into different countries, different cultures, different races, different religions, and different traditions, however, we are all stuck together with the SAME EARTH. What ever one country releases into the atmosphere will effect the rest of the world's atmosphere. So what ever little each person can do could help the earth for the future. Product Market Threats of global warming include: rising sea level, lost endangered species, climate change and deadly storm events. We have already seen the causes of global warming. However, we need solutions.
Everyday millions of consumers purchase or use a product to make their lives more efficient. But think if the government puts more taught and spending toward the products being available to their consumers, and allow those products to be more energy efficient then it would really help decrease global warming. GLOBAL WARMING! By: Cindy Rajkumar
Economics H. GOVERNMENT 1. The car you drive: the most important personal climate decision. When you buy your next car, look for the one with the best fuel economy in its class
2. Choose clean power. More than half the electricity in the United States comes from polluting coal-fired power plants. And power plants are the single largest source of heat-trapping gas.
3. Light bulbs matter. If every household in the United States replaced one regular light bulb with an energy-saving model, we could reduce global warming pollution by more than 90 billion pounds over the life of the bulbs; the same as taking 6.3 million cars off the road. Solution Individuals purchase cars for personal and family transportation, and seek credit from financial businesses to make the purchase. Individuals earn money from working in "factories, car dealerships, government, and financial institutions". However, using these cars increases the emissions of sulphur dioxides and nitrogen oxides into the atmosphere. Thus, increasing the temperature --> Global Warming! Such as stores for home improvement, "Home Depot". If the government or the company invests in making their product more eco friendly, more people will be, living in a safer environment. Yes, at first the prices will be higher then the normal products but if we take small step, little by little. First light bulbs, then stoves, then fridges, then windows ECT. America and the rest of the world WILL decrease global warming! Business is already changing because of:
- Consumer attention
- Activist pressures
- New regulations
- Corporate image
- Cause-related marketing
- Personal decisions by employees
- Huge pressure to reduce costs
- Anticipating further pressures from government and consumers Global investment in renewable energy alone is already running at $50bn a year. That’s nothing to what we will see in future:
- Wind, Solar, Geothermal, Nuclear / uranium
- Carbon sequestration (technology and sites)
- Waves, Tides
- New construction materials
- Battery technology
- Fuel cells
- Bio fuel – all aspects
- Recycling technology eg cars
- Conversion of CO2 to fuel (eg microbes / algae)
- Carbon markets
- Legal and regulatory experts There are many problems associated with global warming including the melting of the polar ice caps and the destruction of the rain forest. There are many things that contribute to this crisis including carbon emissions from vehicles, gas escapes from landfills, and ESPECIALLY toxic output from factories. Products are made worldwide everyday from factories. In order to make most of these products, machines are involved, and to run those machines you need electricity. Most factories burn coal to produce electricity to run those factories which is one of the main reasons why we have global warming today. One solution to combat global warming is through the use of "networking synthesis", which is a way that factories, both local and international, can save energy and, in turn, make a dent on the amount of energy the world uses. The United States, along with the world, is wasting massive amounts of energy by not using water or electricity efficiently. This energy could be harnessed and reused and could help to lower carbon emissions in a variety of places. If American factories could harness the energy they are wasting, they could reduce carbon emissions by an "estimated one-fifth (Margonelli 2)". "Networking synthesis" would be a good place to start to help factories save energy. Basically, "networking synthesis" is a sharing of resources or energy between two production entities such as a factory. Factories could potentially be sharing energy or water in an effort to optimize the resources. These plants could then maximize the potential of the energy and water and also, excrete less waste into the environment and atmosphere. GO NETWORKING SYNTHESIS !!! FACTOR MARKET Works Cited
Americanthinker.com. March 30, 2009. American Thinker. March 30, 2009 http://www.americanthinker.com/2007/08global-warming-propeganda-fact.html
Beinecke, Frances. “The China syndrome: a powerhouse economy is learning to lighten its carbon load. (View from NRDC).” OnEarth 29.2 (Summer 2007): 4(1).
“Chinese warming.(DATABANK: OECD in graphs’s)(global warming)(Brief article).” OECD Observer 258-259 (Dec 2006): 68(1).
Dolan, Kerry. “Warming to a Fight."? Forbes Global 5.5 (2009): 1-3. Infotrac. Lake Superior College Library. 7 Apr. 2009
LIMP, SEONG-RIN; PARK, JONG MOON. "Environmental Science & Technology", 8/15/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 16, p6230-6236. Infotrac. Lake Superior College Library. 8 Apr. 2009
Lynas, Mark. "Six Degrees: our future on a hotter planet". Washington: National Geographic, 2008
Montes-Hernandez, G.; Pérez-López, R.; Renard, F.; Nieto, J.M.; Charlet, L.. Journal of Hazardous Materials, Jan2009, Vol. 161 Issue 2/3, p1347-1354, 8p.
Reno, Jamie. “Smog: the other view"? Newsweek (Atlantic Edition), 9/1/2008, Vol. 152 Issue 9, p8-8. Infotrac. Lake Superior College Library. Apr. 7 2009
Rothstein, Meryl. “How to fix the future: algae oil:" it’s plentiful, it’s homegrown, and it could help clean up the environment while powering America–every light, car, plane, and factory in it.(Best and Brightest 2008: TECHNOLOGY."
“The Illusion of Clean Coal"; Climate Change? The Economist (US) 390.8621 (March 7, 2009): 18EU. Expanded Academic ASAP. Gale. Lake Superior College Library. 27 March, 2009 FINANCIAL MARKET Governments have spent nearly two decades trying to decrease the carbon dioxide emissions scientists say are responsible for global warming, and yet they keep increasing. :(
-But what if this changed? What if countries agreed to take more urgent action to cut back the carbon emissions produced by burning fossil fuels such as coal, oil and gas?
***Climate change needs action but it has a cost
The report, “Unburnable Carbon”, came out last year and concluded the world’s financial markets were carrying a “carbon bubble”, meaning investors are putting millions of dollars into hundreds of companies that could be in trouble if meaningful climate action were ever taken.
The government needs to spend more money — not less — to develop radical new energy technologies, and to help bring those to market. If consumers want to get loans or money in order to purchase an eco friendly products, the bank should let them, since it would be helping our earth in the long run, plus save the consumer money. If foreign countries wanted to borrow money to invest in eco friendly products, they should be allowed to if they are willing to trade and share their products. I know the government and the UN have discussed global warming and ways to lower its chances of increasing. However, only England, France and USA have made regulations and groups of people assigned to create ways to advertise global warming so people can change a little thing to make a big difference. So far the USA has created an official "World Wide Views". It is structured as a global alliance of individuals and institutions, including government agencies, NGOs and universities, which will host deliberations. So they basically work with climate and climate control. BY: