Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Forces and Motion Unit Prezi
Transcript of Forces and Motion Unit Prezi
This presentation is intended to integrate digital media into instruction of forces and motion. The teacher would use this prezi to add visualizations to an oral presentation. Within this unit, students will learn about forces, laws of motion, and simple and compound machines, using cross-curricular skills. At the end of the unit, students will be building a compound machine or Rube Goldberg contraption.
Forces can be defined as a push or a pull.
Click to watch the video!
Forces and Motion
6th Grade Standards Addressed
During Forces & Motion Unit
- explain how changes in motion require a force
- Identify questions that can be answered through scientific investigations and evaluate the appropriateness of questions; Design and conduct a scientific investigation and understand that current scientific knowledge guides scientific investigations; Develop descriptions, explanations, and models using evidence; Analyze alternative explanations and understanding that science advances through legitimate skepticism
- Examine how energy can be transferred from one form to another
- infer, conclude, make generatlizations & cite evidence
- use textual evidence to make connections between ideas
- acquire & use grade appropriate vocabulary
- read & comprehend informational text
- written response to reading
What are forces?
What are the laws of motion?
Ace Hardware, (2014). Wheelbarrows. Retrieved from http://www.acehardware.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2602618
Charly Records, (2006). Sound effects: contraption no. 37. Retrieved from www.itunes.com
Clipart Etc, (2004). Simple pulley. Retrieved from http://etc.usf.edu/clipart/35700/35786/pulley_35786.htm
Discovery Education, (2002). Introduction to forces and gravity. Retrieved from http://www.discoveryeducation.com
Merriam-Webster: Learner's Dictionary, (2014). Wedge. Retrieved from http://www.learnersdictionary.com/definition/wedge
Museum of Science+Industry Chicago, (2014). Build a lever. Retrieved from http://www.msichicago.org/online-science/activities/activity-detail/activities/simple-machines-build-a-lever/
OK GO, (2010). This too shall pass. Retrived from
Push Pull Signs, (2014). Push and pull signs. Retrieved from http://www.pushpullsigns.com/signdesignbackground.html
Rube Goldberg, (2014). Rube Goldberg. Retrieved from www.rubegoldberg.com
Simple Machines, (n.d). Compound machines. Retrieved from https://6asimplemachine.wikispaces.com/compound+machines
Simple Machines: Information Resource Site for Teachers and Students, (2006). Inclined planes. Retrieved from http://ed101.bu.edu/StudentDoc/Archives/ED101sp06/satwoody/InclinedPlanes-2.htm
Skillman Skutlebutt, (2011). I've got a screw loose. Retrieved from http://skillpeople.blogspot.com/2011/07/ive-got-screw-loose.html
Technology Transfer Services, (2014). Simple machines: wheel and axle. Retrieved from http://www.techtransfer.com/resources/wiki/entry/2814/
Newton's Three Laws of Motion
1. an object in motion will stay in
motion unless a force acts upon the object
2. force is the product of mass and
3. every action has an equal and
Click to watch the video!
Newton's Three Law of Motion
What are machines?
A device that helps do work and is
made up of one or two parts.
** A simple machine does not change the amount of work, but makes the work easier to do!
Six Simple Machines
wheel & axle
Compound (complex) machines are machines that use two or more simple machines.
OK Go Music Video
Example of Rube Goldberg Contraption
What are simple machines?