Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Problems of Brazil
Transcript of Problems of Brazil
-Causes Drug abuse and trafficking 2nd largest consumer of cocaine in the world
Important for Bolivian, Colombian, and Peruvian cocaine headed for Europe
Used by traffickers as a way station for narcotics air transhipments between Peru and Colombia
Important market and transhipment country for Colombian, Bolivian, and Peruvian cocaine Economic inequality
-Causes Economic Inequality
Crime (people will try to earn more money through illegal activities) BRAZIL Drug abuse and trafficking - Causes Poverty
Lack of education
Corruption Drug abuse and trafficking
- Impact Detrimental effect on public health → lower labour productivity
Financial burden on government --- medical expenses, rehabilitation, law enforcement efforts etc.
Upsurge in drug-related violence and weapons smuggling Commercial logging - high demand for timber and charcoal in MDCs
Clearing forests for cattle ranching and plantation farming
Population pressure - forests are cleared for over 50,000 new migrants to grow crops Deforestation
- Effect Damaging the ecological balance; Extinction of species
Endangering the life and culture of native peoples
Global warming Deforestation
- Solutions Sustainable development to pay foreign debts and improve Brazil’s economy
Regulate logging activities by limiting import and export of plant species-Reafforestation (replanting new trees after logging)
Set up national parks and nature reserves
Develop eco-tourism to increase job opportunities + conserve rainforests
Adapt birth control measures reduce land pressure and less resources are consumed Regressive tax policy
Favoring rich and burdens poor
Low-level of education
Lowering chances for narrowing the income gap Economic Inequality
-Solutions Short term: price control
Long term: improving tax system, providing wide-range education Drug abuse and trafficking
Harsh punishment if arrested, lenient penalty for voluntary rehabilitation