Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Two and a Half Men
Transcript of Two and a Half Men
- the sitcom has been running for 8 full seasons
- currently in their 9th season (183 episodes)
The show originally starred Charlie Sheen as Charlie Harper, a successful jingle writer that has a life full of alcohol and one-night-stands. His brother Alan (Played by John Cryer) is a anxious and uptight chiropractor who must live with in his brother's Malibu beach home, after Alan gets a divorce from his wife Judith.
- full name John Niven Cryer
- born April 16, 1965 - 46 years old
- gained huge fame as "Duckie" in the movie "Pretty in Pink"
- John has been nominated 6 times in a row for a Prime Time Emmy award "Outstanding Supporting Actor"
- won the award in 2009
- John has landed many minor roles, including Lily Truscotts father on "Hannah Montana"
- real name: Carlos Irwin Estevez
- born September 3, 1965- age 46
- has been nominated for 8 different major television awards
- real personality is similar to character
- has played in films such as: Hot Shots!, Scary Movie 3 and 4, had also played in recent films such as Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps, and Due Date
- during Two and a Half Men he was making 1.8 million an episode by season 8
- fired by warner bros. entertainment because of comments made towards Chuck Lorre (Two and a Half Men Creator) and Drug and Alcohol related issues
- has been married 3 times and has 5 children
Angus T. Jones
- born October 8, 1993- age 18
- has won 2 awards as a supporting actor
- was in The Rookie, a box office hit
- makes around $300,000 an episode for Two and A Half Men
- his transformation in age is seen through the seasons
- born March 28, 1943- age 65
- has been in over 55 films in 37 years of acting
- makes $150000 an episode
- has been nominated for 3 Prime Time Emmy's
(cc) photo by theaucitron on Flickr
(cc) photo by theaucitron on Flickr
copy paste branches if you need more....
The Bowling Shirt
Charlie is usually seen wearing a bowling shirt with different patterns. Sometimes you will see him in a Tuxedo in a formal setting on the show.
The alan sweater
Charlie, Jake, and Alan live in a malibu beach home.
episodes often take place in Charlie's home
Setting does change to:
- Charlie's mom's house (earlier seasons)
There are many settings within Charlie's home
- Living room
the two outer cameras shoot close-up shots of the two main characters on the set at any given time, while the camera in the middle or cameras shoot a wider master shot to capture the most of the action and establish the placement in the room. In this way, multiple shots are obtained in a single take without having to start and stop the action. This is more efficient for programs that are to be shown a short time after being shot as it reduces the time spent film editing or video editing the footage. Apart from saving editing time, scenes may be shot far more quickly as there is no need for re-lighting and the set-up of alternate camera angles for the scene to be shot again from the different angle. In two and a half men, there is no fourth wall. the show is filmed on a set performed in front of a live audience. the main settings are charlies room, the kitchen, the balcont, the living room, and Alans room.occasionaly other places like the mall, coffe shop, alans ex- wifes house and jakes room.
What is not seen
- the TV
- the beach
- the opposite deck wall
"Two and a half men" is a very mainstream program. It airs at 9- 9:30 every monday since the show made its debut. This time slot is known as prime time, and allows the show to rake in on average 14 million viewers. Viewers are both committed and can also watch the show occasionally and still understand the premise.
- Teenagers to any age
- characters of every demographic
- grabs intended and unintended viewers
- has no specific audience, portains to many, making it an easy show to watch and love
Uses and Gratifications
To relate to characters
Charlie Sheen - over the years
a hedonistic bachelor, alcoholic, jingle/children's songwriter and Jake's uncle. Despite his sleazy and cynical demeanor, he does possess a kind heart though he very rarely shows it. He is written out of the series at the beginning of season 9, after being struck and killed offscreen by a moving train.
Jon Cryer as Alan Harper, Charlie's chiropractor brother and Jake's divorced father, who is conscientious but continually stricken with bad judgment. Who is very overcontrolling a neat freak.
Angus T. Jones as Jake Harper, the underachieving son of Alan and Judith, who is very lazy and is always getting into so sort of trouble. Jakes character and attitude chages alot through out the seasons as he matures and gets older.
Conchata Ferrell as Berta, Alan and Charlie's sharp-tongued housekeeper, who does what she wants for very good pay and little work.