Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Young Offenders
The Juvenile Death Penalty
The Convention on the Rights of the Child prohibits the imposition of capital punishment and life imprisonment without possibility of release for offenses committed by persons below 18 years of age.
However, Human Rights Watch is aware of at least 12 cases involving individuals sentenced to death for crimes committed while under age 18
Pervasive Discrimination Against Woman And Girls
Law and practice deny women equal enjoyment with men of fundamental rights, including legal standing before the courts.
Mothers cannot represent their children in legal proceedings because they lack guardianship.
Foreign girls under investigation, facing trial, or whom a judge has ordered detained, are held in adult detention centers
Criminal Age of Responsibility Across the World
Saudi Arabia 12
Scotland (responsibility) 8
Scotland (prosecution) 12
Countries Which Have Executed Young Offenders Since 1990:
In the USA 18 young offenders have been executed since 1990
(11 black, 1 hispanic)
(11 of these were in texas)