Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
CAPTION TEXT - GROUP 3 - XII MIPA 5
Transcript of CAPTION TEXT - GROUP 3 - XII MIPA 5
The definition of caption text is a short text located near photos, illustration or diagram that gives important information about the photos, illustration or diagram.
The purpose of caption text is to help the reader understand information that may or may not be in the text.
- Photos, diagram or illustration
- Caption (description of the photos, diagram or illustration)
- Photo credit (“photo by …”)
Caption text is a short text located near photos that gives important information. The purpose of caption text is to help reader understand information that may not be in the text.
Generic structure of caption text are
- Caption (description or information about the photos)
- Photo credit ( “photo by ..”)
is a series of word made up of a preposition and its object.
- The boy
is his son.
(with is the preposition, and with him s the prepositional phrase. The prepositional phrase functions as an adjective phrase, modifying boy)
- It annoys me when people talk
(during is the preposition, and during movies is the prepositional phrase. The prepositional phrase function as an adverb phrase modifying talk)
is the infinitive form of a verb plus any complements (direct object) and modifiers (adverb)
is thrilling for me.
(to dance is the invinitive. It function as a noun in the sentence, acting as a subject)
- cory wants
(to sing is the invinitive. It function as a noun in the sentence, acting as a direct object)
Is dressed up like verbs, but they function as adjective to describe nouns.
Sweeping across the night sky
, the bats hunted their prey.
(sweeping is the present participle, and sweeping across the night sky is the participial phrase. The participial phrase modifies bats)
window needed to get repaired quickly.
(broken is the past participle. It modifies window)
Is a group of words that describe a noun or pronoun in a sentence.
- The movie was
not too terribly
- A person
smarter than me
needs to figure this out.
Is a type of sentence that requires an answer.
- Who will be the governor of Jakarta?
- Who will protect endangered species?
- What exceptional children these are! → correct
How exceptional children there are! → incorrect
- Fantastic, we closed the deal! → correct
Fantastic! We closed the deal. → incorrect
1. Do not begin with the words a, an or the
2. Use present tense to describe action in photo
3. Give readers information they cant get from just looking at a photo
4. A caption should complete the photo
5. Write caption so they go from specific to general or general to specific
6. Caption should not repeat information contained in the lead.
7. Name people only if they are Important to the picture.
In caption text we used :
- Prepositional phrase
- Infinitive phrase
- Participial phrase
- Adjective phrase
1. How many parts of the caption?
2. What is the first sentence described?
3. How do you identify people?
4. How do you identify things?
5. What is the 3 things you must remember?
1. Caption has 3 parts
2. The first sentence describe who, what, when and where for the subject.
3. you fully identifying people by branch services, rank, first and lesson in, military unit, job title. I
4. Include the service, name, type, unit.
5. First sentence, second sentence and credit/release
Every photo has a caption. Every caption has 3 parts. The first sentence describe who, what, when and where for the subject. The second sentence details the massage or why behind the photo and all caption need credit and realease line.
First sentence began with "who" who identify for subject. And you fully identifying people by branch services, rank, first and lesson in, military unit, job title. If your subject fully identifying things. You include the service, name, type, unit. After who you will explain "what" what your subject doing with short description and you must place a coma after what and add the date when you took the photo. Then "where" following the date, you add another coma and write the location where you took the photo.
The second sentence including "why" why the caption in the photo is happen.
You must remember, every photo has a caption. Be sure you include who, what, when and where in the first sentence. Then the second sentence describe why does this photo matter and write down photo with credit and release like service photo by rank or name release status.
1. What is Caption Text?
2. The purpose of Caption Text is...?
3. Mention three generic structure of Caption Text!
4. How many language features that can be use on Caption Text?
5. Mention the language features of Caption Text!
6. How many learning suggestion that Ghea told us in the presentation?
7. Mention 3 of learning suggestion in the presentation!
8. Give us the example of Caption Text (beside the two example of our presentation)!
9. What is Prepositional phrases? Give the example!
10. What is the infinitive phrases?
11. How about Participal phrases, What is it?
12. What is Adjective phrases?