Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Crazy Clarinets!!!
What is a Clarinet?
Clarinets can be made out of grenadilla wood or plastic.
The most common instruments in the clarinet family include the Eb clarinet, the soprano Bb clarinet which is by far the most popular, the alto clarinet, the bass clarinet, and the contrabass clarinet (I play the Bb clarinet).
The clarinetist blows air into the mouthpiece causing the reed to vibrate. This vibration is what makes the sound. To play notes, the clarinetist covers various combinations of tone holes with fingers or keys. Each new note requires a different finger combination, allowing the air to travel through a different length of tubing before it escapes out of the uncovered holes and the bell.
The word clarinet means "little trumpet."
The clarinet sometimes is referred to a licorice whip.
The clarinet was the last woodwind instrument to be included in the symphony orchestra.
Sabine Meyer is a female popular clarinet soloist from Germany. She tours frequently with ensembles.
One of the most popular symphonic clarinet solos is the one in George Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue.
You are all...