Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of ANTIBIOTICS
How did it all start?
Action of Penicillin & resistance to it.
Disc Diffusion Practical
The Kirby Bauer Method
How do we use these?
Why does resistance occur?
How does resistance occur?
What are the consequences
of resistance ?
Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing
Measure the susceptibility of a bacterial strain to one or several antibiotics.
Monitor the evolution of bacterial resistance.
How do antibiotics work?
Work in groups:
Your are researchers designing a new antibiotic.
How will it work, what targets would you consider for your drug that will quell the infection but not harm the host?
After you have read the article we will summarise the several ways in which bacteria become resistant