Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
"Whoso would be a man, must be a nonconformist."
Transcript of "Whoso would be a man, must be a nonconformist."
"whoso would be a man, must be a nonconformist."
conformity is when a person gives in to the societies beliefs instead of going with what they believe is right, because they are afraid of what might happen if what they think is wrong or how society would judge them.
This is when a person isn't afraid to go with what they believe, they feel that they can make the right choice to help them, and they are not afraid of what the society will think.
What Emerson is trying to say in Self Reliance is that people can not be afraid to go against society. they have to be strong and go against it in order for them to be the best they can be and go with the beliefs they hold. Basically it means exactly what the quote says, that in order to be a man you must be able to not conform.
This picture to represent the quote be there is five men of the same color walking in the same direction. Then there is a person who is yellow walking the opposite way. This is exactly what nonconformity means; being yourself.