Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of FOOD SAFETY
What is food safety?
A scientific discipline describing handling, preparation, and storage of food in ways that prevent foodborne illness.
The EU's food safety strategy
covers safe food, animal health and welfare, plant health
ensures food is traceable
applies high standards to food
3 core elements of the EU- wide strategy
comprehensive legislation on the safety of food and animal feed, plus food hygiene
sound scientific advice on which to base decisions
enforcement and control.
- The EU takes great care about traditional foods
- new single markets/new members of the EU must catch up with the EU's food safety standards
The consumer protection
nutritional and health claims
food ingredients and packaging
Keeping animals safe
-Animals can be moved freely throughout the EU
-EU 'pet passports' is required
The 5 key principles of food hygiene
Keeping plants healthy
- Also all plants and plant material can be moved throughout the EU
- A plant passport attached to a joung tree indicates that it was grown under healthy conditions
Trade Control and Expert System
Food &Veterinary Office
April 2008- Ukraine
September 2008- China