Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Municipo - Introduction for investors/partners
Transcript of Municipo - Introduction for investors/partners
taxpayers more than $1bn over
the next decade Town/city councils spend around $15 per call handled maintaining non-urgent call centres;
They also spend millions of dollars per year
settling needless compensation claims;
Rich nations spend billions of $ per year supporting this status quo. Municipo's platform allows authorities to reduce costs by:
- Moving non-urgent problem reporting to high-quality
- Using the web, and people power, to get an early view
of potential litigation liabilities before they become expensive. Municipo's platform provides the following features:
- An interactive map to report problems and fixes;
- Social-networking features to support community interaction;
- Group functions, so citizens and organisations can organise
their community work via the web;
- Interactive idea-bank, allowing authorities to 'crowdsource'
improvements to the community/city. Municipo will charge an annual licence
fee to client authorities.
There are more than 4,000 cities worldwide with a population greater than 100,000 inhabitants.
In the US & EU alone there are more
than 1,000 potential clients to start with. This business model forecasts revenues
in excess of $8,000,000 in the fifth year.
Bootstrapping & outsourcing will mean
much of this revenue = profit. The Team Luke Bozier (the one on the left!) is a former
head of New Media for Tony Blair PM as
well as social & commercial entrepreneur in the
field of government & politics. Kevin Doran is Director of European Affairs for
one of the UK & Europe's premier public affairs
agencies, Bell Pottinger. He previously headed up
communications for Liverpool City Council, and
has worked at the highest levels of European politics. Thank you for listening!
In conclusion, Municipo:
- Could save taxpayers a fortune;
- Make the work of public authorities more efficient;
- Bring citizens closer to their authorities and local communities;
- And, most importantly, is a great investment opportunity!