Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Wiki
How Do Organizations and Individuals Benefit From Using Wiki?
What Are The Challenges Wikis Poses
Who restricts and regulates Wikis?
What Is A Wiki?
- A server software that grants editing rights to all users
- Can be accessed from virtually any web browser
The most well known wiki is wikipedia
Summing Wikis Up
Keeping Employees Up to Date
Version File Management
Wiki as a Communication Tool
Gaining Consumer Feedback
Enhancing Meeting Efficiency
- Employees no longer need to be physically present
- IBM Example
Cisco: Implementing Wikis for Improved Knowledge Management
“The business wiki is one of the most powerful Enterprise 2.0 tools and is capable of transforming the nature of communication within a company. While normal corporate communication flows in a straight line, often from top to bottom, a business wiki can create a synergy of communication that flows from the bottom up” (Daniel Nations)
Improvement Org Benefits
wikis help to break down professional barriers and provide a medium for collaboration between employees and upper management,
- Wikis break down geographical barriers.
- Help individuals to create relationships
Wicked or Wonderful?
Keeping the most up to date file readily available to employees.
Getting To Know Your Employees
Three Basic Restriction Settings
Restricted Account Creation
Restrictions and Editing
General Motors: on using internal and external wikis
Promote Team Collaboration
Improves the efficiency of communication
Wikis have restriction methods in place to improve security
Wikis aren't perfect and have some challenges that they face.
Benefits > Challenges
Monitor and Analyze Articles
Clean Up Vandalism