Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Journey Through Cell Division
Transcript of Journey Through Cell Division
Step One; Interphase
The first step of cell division is interphase.
In interphase, the cell prepares for the division.
Step Two; Prophase
In prophase, chromosomes begin to appear.
Also, the centrioles begin to move the opposite ends of the cell.
Step Three; Metaphase
In metaphase, the spindle fibers align the chromosomes in along the middle of the cell.
Step Four; Anaphase
In anaphase, the paired chromosomes seperate and move to opposite ends of the cell.
Cell Division - The Scoop
Step Five; Telophase
In telophase, the chromosomes and spindle fibers disburse, and the two cells begin to separate.
Step Six; Cytokinesis
This is the last phase. In this phase, the cells divide completely, and you have a brand new cell.
To Remember the Stages
Here is a way to remember the stages of cell division :
I Picked More Apples Than Cindy.
Cell division is the process that creates new cells. Today I will go over the stages of division.
Cell Division Stages
Animation of Cell Division