Loading presentation...

Present Remotely

Send the link below via email or IM

Copy

Present to your audience

Start remote presentation

  • Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
  • People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
  • This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
  • A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
  • Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article

Do you really want to delete this prezi?

Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.

DeleteCancel

Make your likes visible on Facebook?

Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.

No, thanks

Food security and international students at deakin burwood

No description
by

simone rendina

on 6 June 2013

Comments (0)

Please log in to add your comment.

Report abuse

Transcript of Food security and international students at deakin burwood

Objective 1 Objective 2 Objective 3 HSH201 ALT3 Food security and international
students at Deakin Burwood 60% of International Students at Deakin Burwood Involved in the O-Week multicultural festival 80% of international students at Burwood Deakin to have the opportunity to be educated on how to create and purchase Australian foods 50% of Australian students to have tried cultured food/dishes on Deakin, Burwood Campus By Broden, Mariam and Simona Quick Facts Happy, Healthy Deakin Burwood Students!!! Strategies: O-Week food festivals Survey on preferred foods for both international and local students Strategies : Dining at Deakin Information sessions Support groups Strategies: Pop up food stalls each week Capacity building Promotion through mass media flyers Survey 10% of international students were food insecure without hunger and 30% with hunger, a total of 40% experiencing food insecurity, nearly half the international population at Deakin University (Miceski) Whitehorse community population: 154208
14,000 aged between 18-24
29% born overseas, mainly in China
Asia, Hong Kong, Malaysia, India and Sri Lanka
Deakin University has approximately 8,000 plus international students Goal: Improve food security at Deakin University, Burwood Timeline: March - May: Gather and analysis results
from surveys from the multicultural stalls in
O-Week
June: advertise "Dining at Deakin" for the
beginning of Semester two
July-Oct: Run the pop up stalls in conjunction with Dining at Deakin
Full transcript