Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Slovakia
1. Speak about the location of Slovakia. Where is it situated and what countries does it share the borders with?
- The official name of the country is
. Slovakia is situated
in the heart of Europe
. It is a small country with a population of 5 million people.
- Slovakia has five neighbours: Czech republic
2. Discuss the geography of Slovakia
- Our country is mostly a mountainous country.
- highest peak is the
- ideal place for hiking
- popular peaks are
Rivers and Lakes
- The most important river is the river
. It has
- The longest river is
. Slovakia does not have many
, the most
important lakes are in the
Hight Tatras - Štrbské pleso, Popradské pleso
- The biggest
Orava, Liptovský Mikuláš
- The biggest
water power station
- Agriculture is very important for Slovakia.
- In the south part of the country people grow corn, wheat, potato and sugar beet.
- Grape growing regions like Pezinok or Štúrovo are important for producing wine.
-People in Slovakia also grow fruit and vegetables.
- Animal production is important, too. People keep cows, goats, hens, pigs and sheep.
3. What is a spa? Name some famous spa towns in Slovakia.
- Slovakia is rich in
, what we can enjoy in
Pieštany, Bardejov, Trenčianské Teplice, Dudince
- People go there to relax or to recover from their health problems.
4. Are there national parks in Slovakia? Give examples.
5. Are there endangered species of animals and plants in Slovakia? Where can we find them? Give examples
- The nature in Slovakia is very beautiful. In summer we can go hiking or in
winter we can go skiing in our mountains. We have excellent ski resorts.
- In the High Tatras and the Low Tatras the
nature is protected by law /TANAP/
- Here lives
of animals like
eagles, marmots, wolves
- We can find
as well like
6. Name some other natural beauties of Slovakia
- There are beautiful caves Slovakia, for example: Domica cave
Dobšinská ice cave
7. Talk about some historical towns
- We can visit old towns and villages where are
old wooden cottages
- There are also very nice
in out country:
Castle of Bojnice
- a ghost festival is held in Bojnice every year
- a home of a bloody countess who killed young women and bathed in their blood
Other castles are:
Trenčín castle , Beckov ruins, Spiš castle
- People who come to Slovakia should also visit the
town of Kremnica
- there was a
and silver for the
production of golden coins.
8. What is the capital of Slovakia? Where is it situated? What are the famous historical, architectural buildings and places there?
is the capital of Slovakia.
- It is situated on the
banks of the river Danube
- It is also an important
and it is important for economy - there are many
- There are also many
The Slovak National Theatre
- there is a statue of P. O. Hviezdoslav, who was a Slovak writer
The Slovak National Gallery
- it is a residence of our president
St. Michael´s Gate
- it is a gate to Old Town
The St. Martin´s Cathedral
- kings and queens were crowned here in the past
- the building of the first university in the Hungarian Kingdom
statue of Čumil
- a statue of a man who is sticking his head out of a hole of the road. It is a popular attraction for tourists.
The Slovak Parliament
- it is situated opposite of the Bratislava castle
-We can also find famous bridges, buildings, museums and even many shopping centres in the city
9. Which places would you recommend visiting and why?
- own answer: I would recommend visiting_________because________
10. Speak about Slovak cuisine
- Like every country Slovakia also has its special dishes.
And the most famous spirit is
gnocchi with sheep cheese
and fired bacon
sour cabbage soup
with mushroom and sausage
sweet dumpling with vanilla sauce
steamed dumpling with various fillings: jam, plum or chocolate
rice pudding with chocolate or cinnamon
sweet walnut and poppy seed roll
11. Speak about traditions and holidays in Slovakia
Other holidays in Slovakia are
The 1st of May - international day of workers
The 8th of May - day of victory over fascism
The 5th of July - Day of Cyril and Metod who came to Great Moravia, they were Slavic missionaries
The 29th of August - the Slovak National Uprising
The 24th of December - Christmas Eve
The 25th of December - Christmas Day
The 26th of December - Stephen´s Day
- Slovak people like traditional music and dancing so there are many folk festivals in the
country-in Detva or Východná. At these festivals we can listen to folk music and see
many beautiful folk costumes and folk dances. These festivals are also visited by
- Slovak people are Christians and because of this the most important holidays are
For Christmas and Easter the Slovak families are together, bake cakes and cook
traditional meals. Typical Christmas meal is lentil or cabbage soup with fried fish and
For Easter Slovak people usually eat cold dish - ham, boiled eggs with horse radish and