Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Media In Sport
Transcript of Media In Sport
This lesson will look at how sport is affected by:
- Rule Changes
- The Internet
- Gender Imbalance
How does television affect sport?
'Minority sports' such as Equestrian, Canoeing, etc
Popular sports monopolise the funding from TV companies
Minority sports have lower intake of new players
When broadcasters only focus on male athletes or athletes from one country
Media in Sport
What have you noticed about the advertising during sports matches?
- Live streaming
- Fantasy teams/competitions
- Online betting
- Links to player/team pages via social media
- Interact the players themselves via Twitter
- Instant updates, wherever, whenever
More people are watching, fewer are playing... discuss
Why do companies sponsor teams/players?
Why do some pay more than others?
Is this fair?
- The types of adverts you see (who are they targetting?)
- How many adverts are there?
- At what times do you get the most adverts?
Some examples include:
'The 2 min Warning' at the end of each half of American Football
The division into 4 quarters in Basketball
Both for advertising!
Does success sell newspapers?
Blowing things out of proportion is 'Sensationalism'
Is there equal coverage for male and female sport in the media?
Why is this?
How POWERFUL is the media in sport?
Write down your answer in bullet points and some will be shared amongst the group