Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Baptism
Symbols of Baptism
The symbols of Baptism are :
* Holy Water
* Holy Oils
* The Gathered Assembly
* White Garment
* Baptismal Candle
The Gathered Assembly
The Gathered Assembly represents the community of the Church.
The Baptismal Font and Holy Water are the main symbols of baptism.
The Holy Oils are made on the person's forehead in the shape of a cross.
* Blessed by Archbishop Sample
* Symbol of strength and service
* Anointed to share in Christs mission
Holy Water washes away our sin and purifies us for new life in Jesus.
* Die to old sins as dipped into water
* The Holy Water is one of the most important symbols
People getting baptized wear white clothes
Represents new life in christ for everyone to see.
* Symbol of just being baptized
* White is symbol of purification
Baptism is the first Sacrament.
Through it we become closer to God and we become a part of the Church.
* Priest says " I baptize you in the name of The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit. "
Renewal of Baptismal Promises
The parents make
their promises before
having their child
baptized in the Catholic
Is a symbol to be a light to the world.
* Lit from Easter Candle
* Godparents hand candle to parents