Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Welcome to 4th Grade at
Transcript of Welcome to 4th Grade at
Curriculum, Grading, and Tests
AP- Mark Moon
BYOD (Bring Your Own Device):
Stay involved with your student's technology use for safety!
Why it's a good idea...
When you can expect it...
Winn Holt School site
- My teaching philosophy is that each student brings unique and valuable skills, experiences, and interests to this classroom every day and my role as a teacher is to create an environment and provide instructional activities that allows your child to learn and contribute to their classmates' learning in an authentic and meaningful way.
- Bachelors in Childhood Education from Auburn University in Montgomery, AL
- Masters in Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment from Walden University
- Fully ESOL certified, K-12
- Taught private preschool for 9 years
- Private in-home tutor for K-12 for 5 years
- Spent two years as a substitute teacher, paraprofessional in Kindergarten, and Stellar Substitute
- Taught 4th grade last 2 years at Winn Holt
- Ready for the best year of my teaching career!
What we will learn...
Sept. 28 & 29 / Feb. 22 & 23
or as needed
Margaret Winn Holt Elementary
Welcome to 4th Grade at
It's going to be a GREAT year!!
We will use a lot of technology!!
Focus on reading
learn in the content areas.
Using the text as evidence to
views of story elements.
Compare and contrast
stories, characters, elements, and references.
Resources for you...
If your child is struggling...
Reach me at...
Holt's School Policies
Principal- Ellyce Cone
Counselor- Amy Lopez
Tardy bell 8:15
our writing with details, interesting words and sentence structure, and well organized thoughts.
our writing on our own, with peers, and with the teacher
New Lucy Calkins Units of Study
our works in various ways.
prefixes, roots, and suffixes
that have typical
that help us understand unfamiliar words..
of reading to understand words and phrases.
24 hours to respond
Send a note or call
48 hours to respond
Transportation changes MUST be made in writing
No check outs after 2:15
No parents on the playground
Daily calendar reviews and introduces new concepts.
Weekly practice that covers current topics of study.
Unit and chapter test.
Fact timings will be taken as a grade once at the end of each quarter.
Numbers and operations
Data and measurement
Fractions and Decimals
Multiplication and Division
How do I help my child with their homework? Why is math so complicated now?
Map and Globe skills
Water cycle/ weather
Force and motion
Small treats can be sent in and will be given out at the end of the day.
No birthday celebrations in the dining room
Invitations can only be sent home at school if everyone in the class is being invited.
Grades will consist of:
48% Summative Tests
2% District Assessments
We are now on a semester grading system
2 report cards (January and May)
Progress reports every 4-5 weeks
Student promotion will be based on Reading and Math average year long above 70%.
If a student receives a 69% or lower on a summative test, they will be given the opportunity to improve their overall grade on that test. Highest grade will be recorded. This opportunity will be offered 1 week after the original assessment to allow additional time to study and prepare.
Friday- quiz day: Math, Language Arts, Spelling
Tests will generally have a study guide or known materials for studying. You will know about tests at least 3-4 days in advance.
County and State Assessments
Students will take quarterly county assessments (DA) that is 2% of their overall grade
Students will take the Georgia Milestones Assessment (GMAS) in the spring. 4th grade will only take Language Arts and Math.
Snacks, Ice cream, and Lunch
Healthy snack everyday. NO colored drinks
Ice cream will be sold on Fridays only, everything is $1
Lunch is at 10:36 everyday. Please join us!!
Be respectful, responsible, and resourceful
Have agenda signed every night
Come prepared for class
Move up the behavior chart for good behavior.
Check on conduct card for infractions
0 checks = E
1-2 checks = S
3-4 checks = N
5+ checks = U
Conference with Mrs. Tidwell daily
Rewards - tickets/Black Knight bucks- coupons/celebrations
Consequences - loss of privileges, phone calls
Ms. Jablonski will be interning in our classroom until the middle of November. She is a senior at Georgia Gwinnett College who is working on her degree in Education. We are thrilled to have her with us for the next few months!
nightly reading (20 minutes)
practice math facts nightly until student can complete 100 in 5 minutes
be prepared for spelling test on Friday
study for tests