Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Analgesia
- International Association for the Study of Pain PCA IV Oral IM PR Paracetamol Nausea Constipation Puritis Reduced cough Euphoria Depressed GCS Reduced resp rate Types of pain Chronic Acute Somatic Visceral Neuropathic Psycogenic Phantom Local Anaesthetics
Increased O2 consuption
Risk of DVT/PE GIT
Ileus Decreased mobility Take a history from this patient Prescribe Ibuprofen How would you mangage this patient with chest pain 72 yr male, 1d post-laparotomy, epidural, hypotensive You have prescribed morphine, what would you tell the patient? What else might you prescribe? Explain how to use a PCA Explain how to use Entenox Patient in severe pain: refuses to take paracetamol, asthmatic, alergic to morphine...what would you do? Humane?