Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Introduction to Administrative Law
Transcript of Introduction to Administrative Law
reviewing government decsion making
Courts and Tribunals
Merits Review and Judicial Review
a court conducting legal or judicial review and
an administrative decision maker or tribunal undertaking merits review.
The distinction is based on the separation of powers considerations which define judicial power in Australian Constitution.
The Course Topics
1. Getting our bearings & Historical and constitutional contexts
2. The scope of judicial review
3. Judicial review remedies
4. The grounds of judicial review
5. Access to judicial review
6. Restricting judicial review
7. Tribunals and merits review
8. Beyond courts and tribunals
9. Freedom of Information
1. One 3000 word ‘take home’ problem question worth 50% of the total marks.2. One two hour closed book examination worth 50% of the total marks.To pass Administrative Law, you will need to obtain an aggregate of 50 marks out of 100. There is no hurdle requirement, that is, you can still pass the unit even if you obtain fewer than 50% of the available marks in one of the two items of assessment. Please find below some further specific information about the two items of assessment.II TAKE HOME PROBLEM QUESTION1. The take home problem question will be on Commonwealth (that is, not Victorian) administrative law.2. The take home problem question will be released to you via the Administrative Law D2L site on Friday, 11th May 2012.
1. One 3000 word ‘take home’ problem question worth 50% of the total marks.
2. One two hour closed book examination worth 50% of the total marks.
High Court of Australia