Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Applying a Rigid Splint
Transcript of Applying a Rigid Splint
What are rigid splints?
A rigid split is an object that prevents any part of the body to make any movement.
It is usually used in emergency first aid-kit for treatment and to prevent further injury's like a broken bone.
The rigid splint is made out of a plastic or metal braces that strap onto to the injured part of the body.
Applying A Rigid Splint
Check the scene for safety, check the injured person. Call 9-1-1 or a local emergency number if necessary
Steps To Apply A Rigid
According to Red Cross the correct way to apply a rigid splint is by :
Support the injured body part above and below the site of the injury
Check for feeling, warmth and color
Place the rigid splint (board) under the injured body part and the joints that are above and below the injured body part.
Tie several folded triangular bandages above and below the injured body part
Recheck for feeling warth and color