Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Chapter 4 Section 1 In a Nutshell: The Indus and Ganges River Valleys
Transcript of Chapter 4 Section 1 In a Nutshell: The Indus and Ganges River Valleys
- More than 1,500 miles long and nearly 5 miles high!
- It is a wall of snow-capped peaks and icy glaciers
that separate India from the rest of the world. Monsoons! Indus and Ganges Rivers! Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro! Two cities that flourished in the Indus River Valley Crash Course Video! Where is India? In a Nutshell The Himalayas! Plenty of food (such as wheat and other
(grains) Both in present-day Pakistan Mohenjo-Daro was the larger of the two cities and was built above ground level Citadel: remember the bath house from the video? Drainage System (page 109) Government and religion are unknown and no royal tombs or temples have been found, but the people of Mohenjo-Daro had several gods! "A Mysterious Decline" Theories for Abandonment of Land: 1. Climate change (from fertile soil to desert) 2. Conquest (from video) 3. Great earthquakes But.....some newcomers came to the abandoned land several years later..... The Aryans! - means "noble" or "highborn" The Vedas! - means "knowledge" - Brahmans The Caste System! Brahmans Warriors and Nobles Artisans and Merchants Farm workers, Laborers, Servants