Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Dialect
Transcript of Copy of Dialect
The language of a specific area, group of people, or class.
This includes the sounds, grammar, and diction used in a particular area.
DIALECT IS NOT THE SAME AS DIALOG!
What is it???
Why is it used???
It makes characters more realistic and easier to connect to.
Where did they live?
The use of dialect tells the reader where the character is from.
In the south...
Maybe they are from a different country.
Characters may have different dialects to show a significant difference between them.
How are the Tucks different from the Fosters?
Dialect in Literature helps differentiate characters.
Different dialects can show social or geographic barriers.
"How'd it be if you was to wait till you're seventeen, heck that's only seven years off."
"We's safe, Huck, we's safe! Jump up and crack yo' heels!
"Good evening! May I come in? I have happy news for you."