Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Frog Dissection
sense of smell
interprets input from the senses
posture and muscular coordinatio
Controls involuntary functions
Sends info to the brain and from the brain
The frog's reproductive and excretory system is combined into one system called the urogenital system.
How many toes are present
on each foot? 4
Are the webbed? yes
bones that form the heel
forms the part of the foot between the toes and heel
Pelvic girdle: 5
Dorsal side color: Green Brown
How many toes are present
on each foot? 5
Are they webbed? no
The tongue is
used to capture
the tongue out
(the tongue is
the front of
The dorsal and ventral sides hold the organs of the frog.
The function of the kidney system in the frog is to filter chemicals out of the blood, flush out toxins from the body, and to regulate the body's fluid levels.
The fore legs of the frog allow its upper body to move.
The Hind legs of the frog allow the frog to move/jump.
Oviducts allow passage of the frogs' eggs as they leave the body.
The frog's eyes allow them to see and find prey.
The bladder collects and holds
urine until it is released.
All waste exists the body through the cloaca (urinary, genital, intestinal).
The eustachian tubes purpose in a frog is to balance the pressure in the inner ear.
The glottis is the trachea of the frog, in other words the windpipe.
The esophagus is the passageway for food from the mouth to the stomach.
The nostril of the frog allow the amphibian to breath in and out.
The vomarine teeth are used to hold captured prey, and prevents them from escaping.
The maxillary teeth are used to crush and grind the captured prey.
Fat bodies are used to store energy for hibernation and reproduction.
Peritoneum is the spiderweb like membrane that covers organs.
The liver in the frog stores fats and detoxifies the blood.
The heart of the frog pumps blood and nutrients through the body.
The lungs is used to supply oxygen to the body.
The gallbladder stores bad/blood or bile.
Stomach stores food/ chemical digestion.
Small intestine is the most important digestive organ.
Large intestine also helps in digestion.
Spleen is the storage for blood.
Esophagus is the passageway for food from the mouth to the stomach.
stretched small intestine
The nictitating membrane is a clear and protective eyelid.
The eyeball is black.
The tympanic membrane is 1 cm.
The skin felt slimey.
Ventral side color: Beige
The eustachian tubes are attached to the tympanic membrane.
Post Lab Questions
1. The mesentery holds the folds of the small intestine together.
2. The gall bladder is found underneath the liver and stores bile.
3. The three lobes of the liver are the right lobe, the left anterior lobe, and the left posterior lobe.
4. The stomach is the first cite of major chemical digestion.
5. The urine, sperm, eggs and waste all empty into the cloaca.
6.The small intestine leads to the large intestine.
7. The esophagus leads to the stomach.
8. The fat bodies are a yellowish structure that serve as an energy reserve.
9. The duodenum is the first part of the small intestine.
10.After food leaves the stomach it enters the small intestine.
11.The peritoneum is a spiderweb like membrane that covers most of the internal organs.
12. The pyloric sphincter valve regulates the exit of partially digested food.
13. The large intestine leads to the cloaca.
14. The spleen is found in the mesentery and stores blood.
15. the liver is the largest structure of the body cavity.
The small intestine was 21 cm, and there was nothing in the stomach, while the frog length was 13 cm.
By: Megan D., Cameron K. & Helen S.