Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Mary Mackillop Religious Orders
Transcript of Mary Mackillop Religious Orders
2.WHERE DID THIS ORDER ORIGINATE FROM?
In 1860, at the ages of 18, Mary moved to a small township in Penola, South Australia. She took up the role of governess to her Aunt Margaret and Uncle Alexander Cameron's children. Mary educated the Cameron family but she felt that she wanted to educate others.
by Stella Glyde and Alessia Luhrs
Mary Mackillop College, Nundah Qld.
4. What is their Religious mission?
The Sisters of St Joseph and Mary Mackillop wanted to educate the children of Penola and also to help them understand about Jesus Christ.
3.What influence did this order have on Catholic Schools
The first Mary Mackillop College began to grow from Penola and moved to the CBD of Adelaide and of Port Rush Road in a street of Kensington, South Australia.
5. How does this order live on Gospel Values
St Mary Mackillop is a welcoming community based on the gospel values of love and trust. It's a learning environment where they have excellence in education. They're caring and facing the future with trust and courage. Mary Mackillop college is opened to all families who are ready to support the Catholic community.
1. WHO FOUNDED THIS ORDER AND WHY?
Mary MacKillop College
The Order of St Joseph
Mary and her Sisters taught the children about God and to trust in Jesus. In 1866 Mary MacKillop and Father Tenison Woods started the religious order of the Sisters of Saint Joseph of the Sacred Heart (the Josephites) and in 1867 Mary MacKillop became a nun – Sister Mary of the Cross.
Original Mary Mackillop College, Penola SA