Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Differences and Similarities between Roman and Norse Mytholo
Transcript of Differences and Similarities between Roman and Norse Mytholo
What is Roman Mythology?
What is Norse Mythology?
is a collection of myths and stories that the Ancient Romans believed in.
The Roman Gods
The Ancient Romans believed in
many gods, like
, god of the
, the god of war, and
goddess of marriage.
The Roman Creation Story
The Creation of Rome
The Ancient Romans believed that during
, a man named
the burning city.
Years after Aeneas discovered
Italy, two descendents of his,
is a collection of myths
and stories that the Vikings believed in.
The Norse Gods
The Vikings believed the gods were
split into two different groups, the
The Norse Creation Story
and his brothers killed Ymir, and created the
nine realms with his body
The Nine Realms:
How are they similar?
- Both mythologies were created
to explain the creation of the world,
and how it works
- Both featured several gods that were
in control of certain things
- Both creation stories talk about life
emerging from nothing.
-Both have an Underworld, to explain what happens to people when they die.
How are they Different?
- While Norse Mythology focused on the
gods, heroes, and the nine realms, Roman
mythology was more focused on the actual
city of Rome, rather than the gods, heroes,
and monsters they borrowed from the Greeks
- In Roman Mythology, you got into the Afterlife depending on how good of a person you were in your previous life. In Norse Mythology, you got into the Afterlife based on how you died.
The Vikings believed that when
the world was was first created,
it was split into three parts