Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Cleavages in Great Britain
Transcript of Cleavages in Great Britain
and upper class men.
commoners had no say in the government.
Things Great Britain did to resolve this tension
1. Magna Carta
2. Bill of rights
3. Common Law
4. Created labour party
Why you may ask? Magna Carta: Must consult with commoners
Bill of rights: took power away from monarch
Common Law: The law is interpreted by court instead of political elites
Labor Party: Business class/working class had a say in parliament
Noblesse Oblige Tradition in Great Britain
"Upper class men must take care of lower class men" Protestant/Catholic
Tensions England-mostly Protestant
Ireland- mostly catholic
home rule- let southern Ireland rule themselves
Racial Cleavages Great Britain is said to be having difficulty adjusting to cultural diversity
Ways to solve problems
2) cutting immigration 1)governmental change helped solve social class cleavages
2) "home rule" solves religion cleavages
3) Cutting immigration solves racial cleavages
re...CAP (get it?)