Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Marian Anderson
Marian once said, " When you stop having dreams and ideas- well you might as well stop all together." " Everyone has a gift for something, even if it is the gift of being a good friend,"
- Marian Anderson 1956- By this year Marian had performed over 1,000 times. 1943- Marian married Orpheus Fisher and kept her maiden name for the sake of her career. 1945- United states dropped atomic bombs on Japan ending World War Two. 1955- Rosa Parks refuses to give up her bus seat to a white person contributing to the civil right movements. 1963- Martin Luther King Jr. gave the famous "I have a dream.." speech. 1950- North Korea invades South Korea. The U.S. sent troops out to South Korea to help and North Korea surrendered to us. 1969- Neil Armstrong became the first man to walk on the moon. 1993- Marian Anderson passed on April 8th due to natural causes. 1965- Marian gave her last performance at the Carnegie Hall in New York. 1989- The first Marian Anderson award was given out. Marian set a goal to sing in front of a huge crowd at someplace special. She believed she could achieve that goal. Anderson once said, "I have a great belief in the future of my people and my country." Marian was the first African American to sing at the Metropolitan Opera and the first African American to sing in front of a President. Influences: -Inspired people to pursue their dreams -Hard for people to be a black opera singer -People admire her hard work and determination -Created the Marian Anderson Award for other talented people with dreams by: Carli Sicher Marian and Orpheus FOCUS! How did Marian Anderson achieve her goals and what about her impacted the lives of others the most?