Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Representation in Rap Music
Transcript of Representation in Rap Music
in rap music there are very few if any famous disabled artists, except perhaps artists such as Stevie Wonder .
Ethnicity on Rap magazines is mainly portrayed by a heavily black protagonist. Mostly quite intimidating, however Eminem a famous white rapper, when he is pictured on the front of Vibe magazine for example, he is portrayed as a 'white trash' waste of space, who doesn't fit the rapper stereotype.
What is Rap Music?
Hip hop music, also called hip-hop or rap music, is a music genre formed in the United States in the 1970s that consists of a stylized rhythmic music that commonly accompanies rapping, a rhythmic and rhyming speech that is chanted.
women on Rap magazines are shown to be raunchy, or impure. This shows them in a negative light, and potentially creates a negative stereotype for female rap artists.
Men on Rap music magazines are portrayed to be quite intimidating, usually wearing expensive clothing, showing their power and fame and wealth, this appeals to the target audience but perhaps creates a negative stereotype to other people.