Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Interpersonal Communication
:the state of being either male or female
Men and women have different cultural identities because they are biologically different and they are differently socialized throughout their lives. Race: each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics Ethnicity: refers to a classification of people based on combinations of shared characteristics such as nationality, geographic origin, language, religion, ancestral customs, and tradition. Sexual orientation: a person’s sexual attraction toward members of the same, opposite, or both genders Religion: is a system of beliefs that is shared by a group and that supplies the group with an object (or objects) for devotion, rituals for worshiping the object of devotion, and a code of ethics. Social Class: is a level in the power hierarchy of a society. Age: the length of time during which a being or thing has existed Game: Music of the Ages Guess the theme songs of these popular Tv shows starting from the 1950s-Today. 1950s: 1960s: 1970s: 1980s: 1990s: 2000s: Game: Can you guess who I am? Directions: First pick a partner. Next you will be handed a slip of paper face down DO NOT READ THE WORD! Now stick the slip on your forehead. Object: The object of the game is to guess the word on your forehead. The person who is describing the word on your head to you cannot actually say the word. Here is a video that shows how communication is affected with gender. Sexual orientation: a person’s sexual attraction toward members of the same, opposite, or both genders Co-Culture - groups of people living within a dominant culture but exhibiting communication that is sufficiently different to distinguish them from the dominant culture. Ex. Living in the same state but one person goes to private school and the other public Women communicate:
focus on tasks or outcomes
Less responsive = An indicator of a person's position in a social hierarchy, as determined by income, education, occupation, and social habits Culture and Communication
1.The attitudes, __________, beliefs, and customs that a majority of people hold in common is a ___________________.
2.______________ are groups whose values, attitudes, beliefs, and customs differ from the ______________ culture.
3.The state of being either male or female is called _______________.
4.Each of the major divisions of humankind, having ___________ ______________ characteristics is a _____________.
5. _______________ refers to a classification of people based on combinations of shared characteristics such as nationality, geographic origin, ____________ , religion, ancestral customs, and tradition.
6. A person’s sexual attraction toward members of the same, opposite, or both __________ is their ________________.
7. ____________ is a system of beliefs that is shared by a group and that supplies the group with an object (or objects) for devotion, rituals for ______________the object of devotion, and a _______ of _________.
8. A person’s ________________ is determined by such things as income, education, occupation, and social habits.
9. ______ refers to the length of time during which a being or thing has existed.