Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
My Hawaii Powerpoint!!
Transcript of My Hawaii Powerpoint!!
I hope you learn a lot and become a Hawaii expert!!!
Before you go to Hawaii you need to learn their basic language.
Pearl Harbor was a surprise attack conducted by the Japanese navy against the United States naval base
* Hawaii is home to the "Happy Face Spider"
A luau is a Hawaiian party or feast
Some popular sea life in Hawaii are monk seals, turtles, dolphins, fish, penguins and more!
The longest Hawaiian word
- the Hawaiian state fish (the reef triggerfish)
The Kilauea Volcano
The Kilauea Volcano has been erupting for 30 years!!! It is one of the world's most active volcanoes. The Kilauea has destroyed 187 structures, and added about 500 new acres of land to Hawaii Big Island!
*Aloha- "Greetings or goodbye"
A total of 2,335 U.S. servicemen were killed and 1,143 were wounded. 68 civilians were also killed and 35 were wounded
The Japanese lost 65 men and one captured soldier
The attack on Pearl Harbor brought the United States into World War 2
The attack lasted 110 minutes, from 7:55 a.m. until 9:45 a.m.
* There is a island called Hawaii Big Island
*It is the youngest island in Hawaii
*Hawaii has the most endangered species than any other state in the United States
The word luau refers to the leaf of a taro plant served at a luau
Some popular food is pig, coconut, pineapple, Hawaiian poi, taro rolls, salmon, baked sweet potatoes, papaya, apples, beef, chicken, mahi-mahi,
Famous Hawaiian People
*Obama- 44th presisdent
*THE ROCK- actor, wrestler
Uss Arizona and Uss Missouri (Mighty Mo or Big Mo)
Uss Arizona was a United States naval battleship that was hit four times by Japanese bombers
Uss Missouri was a United States battleship that was a trusty ship and is now at a museum in Hawaii