Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Native Delicacies
Filipinos are known for their native delicacies
Native delicacies generally use of rice as basic ingredient
Native delicacies can be an example of appetizers.
Most native delicacies are prepared in the traditional kalan, gilingan, kawa palayok and banana leaves
Native delicacies are made from indigenous ingredients mainly of glutinous or root crops-mixed with grated coconut or coconut milk; sugar or panutsa
Rice is the Filipinos' main staple food as bread is to Americans or pasta to the Italians
Characteristics of Native Delicacies
Products made from whole grain
1. Grains are disticnt and fully cooked
2. Firm, viscuous not mushy
3. Pleasing, shiny, uniform color
4. A well-blended sweetness and richness of coco cream and flavor
Products made of ground waxy rice or galapong
1. Firm, well cooked all over
2. Smooth, shiny feature
3. Viscuous consistency
4. Pleasing, uniform color
5. well-blended sweetness and flavor
Products made from rootcrops
1. well-formed, well shaped products
2. Firm, smooth and uniform texture
3. Pleasing color
4. Flavor predominant of a well blended richness and sweetness
5. A distinct predominant flavor of the specific product