Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of technology
Transcript of Copy of technology
Konrad Zuse invented the
personal computer in 1941
Motorola invented the mobile phone in 1973
Technology, the Workplace & the Formal Communication Process
To make something simple or simpler; make less complex, less complicated, plainer, or easier to understand.
1) Technology allows us to be more accessible
2) Computer mediated communication allows greater manipulation and more careful construction of messages
to make something greater in quality or effectiveness; to provide with improved, advanced or sophisticated features
A manner of accomplishing a task especially using technical processes, methods, or knowledge. These processes often include machines, techniques, crafts and systems used to solve a problem, improve a pre-existing solution to a problem, achieve a goal and perform a specific function.
3) Technology eliminates problems created by space and time
4) It has made the process of formal communication more cost-effective
5) Email has simplified and enhanced the memo
solve a problem,
improve a pre-existing solution to a problem,
achieve a goal,
handle an applied input/output relation
perform a specific function.
It can also refer to the collection of such tools, including machinery, modifications, arrangements and procedures
1) After sending communication through a technology medium (email, IM) there is not much time available to retract
2) Technology requires specialized knowledge and sometimes devices in order to use the communication medium
3) The formal communication channel is more easily subverted because of the availability of all users through the communication medium
4) Security risks for interception of communication via technology is now greatly increased
WORKPLACE is a place, such as an office or factory, where people are employed
What is formal communication?
“Formal communication channels are established by the organization and transmit messages that are related to the professional activities of members. They traditionally follow the authority chain within the organization (Robbins and Judge, 2007)
A type of verbal presentation or document intended to share information and which conforms to established professional rules, standards and processes and avoids using slang terminology.
The main types of formal communication within a business are (1) downward where information moves from higher management to subordinate employees, (2) upward where information moves from employees to management and (3) horizontal where information is shared between peers.
Edouard Belin invented the scanner in 1913
Alexander Bell invented the fixed line telephone in 1876
invented the fax machine in 1843
Chester F. Carlson invented the photocopier in 1938
Christopher Sholes invented the typewriter in 1866
The internet was invented in the 1960's