Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Gap Semester Experience 2013 - Shohib Marican
Transcript of The Gap Semester Experience 2013 - Shohib Marican
About Me -
Cross Country Runner
Avid football fan and sports fan in general
Interests include high performance sports, reading, the languages and interested about the arts.
Why would you need to know that? ----
What I expected -
1. A 3 month holiday in general with sessions of MT inserted intermittently inside.
2. Sometime to pursue some interesting courses ( appreciation of ludic texts and photojournalism )
3. 3 Months of fun culminating in my first time to Europe with my closest friends!
A 3 week attachment with the Physical Education and Sports Science faculty.
Toured around the facilities of NIE and was also acquainted with different sports science projects.
Facilities were really world class in general however made me ponder certain things.
Why are Singapore even with this facilities and the likes aren't producing top sporting talent???
Projects included things like effects of compression.
Encouraged to start our own and are in the infancy of a project with regards to KT tape.
Conclusion and Reflections
Gap sem proved to be a very memorable experience for me and I took away a lot.
Helped in expanding my horizons,
And made me learn about myself a lot more. ( In terms of my interests, my habits and my personality... )
1. Initial goals and expectations of gap sem
2. Satisfying my curiosity in sports science in an attachment with NIE ( SIC )
3. Dabbling in my artsy side during the local courses + a break from gap sem
4. Crossing new boundaries - The Real Madrid Experience!
5. Reflections and what I've learnt about myself
attended 2 due to AYG commitments
Left with photojournalism and text to
screen. Two courses I was very
Text to Screen
REAL MADRID EXPERIENCE
About the Course
8 day program
Sports Science and also Sports Culture related
Opened up a whole new world for me with a plethora of new experiences
What I took away
Key elements of the Spanish Sporting Culture. ( elaboration of the visit to the high performance centre here. )
ONCE IN A LIFETIME EXPERIENCE of going to the Bernabeu.
Certain technology used in sports which are applicable in Singapore.
Main Reflections From Gap Sem