Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Conservation Of Energy Project
Transcript of Conservation Of Energy Project
How is energy measured ?
Energy is measured in units called joules. (J)
Other types of energy:
1. Elastic Energy- energy stored as a result of deformation of an object such as stretching a spring
2. Rotational Energy- the kinetic energy due to the rotation of an object
What is meant by "Conservation Of Energy" ?
The Conservation of Energy means that energy can change forms but cannot be created or destroyed.
Name five types of energy.
1. Kinetic Energy- energy in motion
2. Potential Energy- stored energy
3. Sound Energy- movement of energy through substances in longitudinal waves.
4. Light (Radiant) Energy- electromagnetic energy that travels in transverse waves
5. Thermal Energy- (heat) internal energy in substances
Conservation Of Energy Project
Energy is the ability to cause change.
April 10, 2014
The sun transfers
thermal (heat) energy
light (radiant) energy
to the plants. The stored energy from the sun is in the plants as
. The sun is also an example of
because it is used to generate useful heat.
When people eat plants, the
mechanical (potential) energy
is transferred to us. The energy in the food is
. This energy causes us to use
to be able to do exercise.
3. Solar Energy- radiant energy emmitted by the sun
The person stops running because he gets tired.
Which turns into
because he has
used up all of his energy.
Johnny is trying to make the final point for his soccer team to win the game. Johnny's leg is moving back in motion which is
to get a good kick. The ball which is on the grass is the
because the ball is not moving. When Johnny kicks the ball,
occurs because there is friction between the ball and the grass. Lastly, when Johnny's foot hit against the ball, it made a sound which was
Example 1 : 2 Step Energy Transfer
Example 2 : 2-Step Energy Transfer
Example 3 : 2-Step Energy Transfer
The toaster is plugged up. The toaster turns on which is
. The toaster heated up and the lights come on which is
thermal and light
. The bread is put in the toaster. When the bread pops out of the toaster, this is called
. The bread is now toast after being in the toaster. This is
Examples of 2-Step Energy Transfers
Example 1 : 4-Step Energy Transfer
Melissa is holding the battery. This is
. The battery has
because chemicals are stored in the battery. Melissa puts the battery in the lamp and plugs it up which is
. The lamp is an example of
when it comes on. The lamp gives off
from the light bulb.
Example 2 : 4- Step Energy Transfer
Examples of 4-Step Energy Transfers
The End !