Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Ancient Mesopotamia
worship the gods
What did you infer about the role of religion using the list of gods/goddesses?
Code of Hammurabi
eye for an eye justice
Did you agree with Hammurabi?
3500 + 2012 = 5512 years ago!
FQ: What does Mesopotamia tell us about life in the ancient world?
belief in many gods
Let's try using the format and Socrative now...
The ancient Mesopotamians invented many important things that are still in use today.
7000 BC limestone
this artifact once held a door to a house
Agriculture played a very important role in the development of Mesopotamian society.
As writing developed,
its uses became more complex over the course of time.
What was the role of religion in ancient civilizations like Mesopotamia?
How has the Mesopotamian invention of writing made you "immortal"?
What are the positive/negative consequences of this "immortality"?
What were some consequences of the new technology created in ancient Mesopotamia?
What was the purpose of humans in the Sumerian creation myth?
traditional or legendary story without a determinable basis in fact
How does geography influence the Sumerian myth?
What does the Sumerian creation myth tell us about life in ancient Mesopotamia?
What groups had power in ancient Mesopotamia?
How did they use their power?
Who was Gilgamesh,
and why is his story important?
How does learning about ancient cultures impact how you understand the world?
1. How did Mesopotamians use technology?
2. How did Mesopotamians use cylinder seals?
3. How did technology help the Phoenicians trade?
4. How did Babylonians water the hanging gardens?
5. How did technology change warfare?
6. What does the Standard of Ur show?
Refresh memory with Netflix
fair treatment under the law
(same punishments for ALL social classes)