Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Content Area Vocabulary
Transcript of Content Area Vocabulary
SOCIAL STUDIES CLASSROOMS
"Words, so innocent and powerless as they are,
standing in a dictionary; how potent for good and evil they become
in the hands of one who knows how to choose and combine them."
"Reading is a different task when we read literature, science texts,
historical analyses, newspapers, tax forms. This is why teaching students
how to read the texts of academic disciplines is a key part of teaching t
hem these disciplines."
Key Ideas of the Strategic Learning Initiative (2001)
Meter? Poetic Device....
Meter? Unit of Measurement....
or, Meter? Device to Measure Flow?
Lack of Word-Learning Strategies
Multi-Column Vocabulary Journals
Cognitive Rationale for Teaching Content Area Vocabulary
ED LTCY 554
Primary Source Documents