Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Visual Pun Drawing
Transcript of Visual Pun Drawing
Artist Don Stewart
What is a Pun?
A play on words. Assigning different meanings to similar sounding words or phrases.
Stewart has a degree in Biology from Birmingham-Southern College and a medical degree from UAB.
He pursued art as a hobby while in school.
In 1985, he eventually decided to discontinue his medical career and become a full time artist and writer.
He is working out of his own studio here in Birmingham, Alabama
What is a Visual Pun?
Artwork with objects arranged so that the names of the objects suggests a play on words.
Don Stewart artwork from http://www.dsart.com/
copyright 2012 DS Art, LLC
Student examples created by Art 1 students at Hoover High School, Fall 2011
Subject represents visual pun of chosen word
Drawing fills the page
Includes a background (Where is it?)
Completed in colored pencil