Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Linguistic Paradox
& Shelbi P.
A linguistic paradox is somewhat the same as a
So what is a Paradox???
A statement of proposition that seems self-contradictory or absurd but in reality expresses a possible truth.
What's the difference between a
paradox and a linguistic paradox?
What is it?
The beginning of the end
The following sentence is true.
The above sentence is a lie.
Please ignore the notice
The man drowned in the fountain of eternal life.
A linguistic paradox is a statement that cannot be
resolved as either true or false due to that contradictory
nature or its terms.
Anything that on a true or false test you would have to
answer none of the above.
No news is good news.
Slow is sometimes better than fast.
Only fiction is truly real
To die of thirst surrounded by water.
So back to Schrodinger's cat,
what was the linguistic paradox???
Can you find the linguistic paradox
in this clip about Schrodinger's cat?
If you guessed that it was
because the cat was both alive
and dead, then you were right!
Now it's time for an activity. Everyone get out a sheet of paper.